All about MUT driver
Все о драйвере MUT
kolyandex
Администратор

Re: FAQ in english

Post by kolyandex » 29 Sep 2023, 04:34

kernel wrote:
28 Sep 2023, 19:44
Good Afternoon, I purchased the driver two plus years ago as noted in earlier posts. The computer I registered the driver to is on its last leg. Is there a way to migrate the registration to a newer laptop before my old one dies?
iam@kolyandex.su
In backup we trust.

kernel

Post by kernel » 29 Sep 2023, 13:34

kolyandex wrote:
29 Sep 2023, 04:34
kernel wrote:
28 Sep 2023, 19:44
Good Afternoon, I purchased the driver two plus years ago as noted in earlier posts. The computer I registered the driver to is on its last leg. Is there a way to migrate the registration to a newer laptop before my old one dies?
iam@kolyandex.su
Completed.

Outlaander

Post by Outlaander » 29 Sep 2023, 19:34

Hi, this is my first post.

My wife and I own a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS, so 3-litre and transaxle.

In order to have a spare ECM that can immediately replace the vehicle's original ECM (which still works fine), I have purchased a slavage ECM of the exact same part number -- 1860B275
Replacemnt ECM small.jpg
Simply put, what I hope to do is something similar to the following.
1. Connect computer with appropriate software to OBD port, turn on computer and turn on ignition. Copy to a file all relevant information, including VIN, from the original ECM and turn off ignition and computer.
2. Disconnect the neg battery cable.
3. Unplug the two cables from the original ECM.
4. If possible without removing original ECM from vehicle, connect the two cables to the salvage ECM.
5. Reconnect the battery cable.
6. Turn on computer.
7. Insert an original FAST key's metal key into the ignition switch with the plastic FOB over the protruding end of the key.
8. IF, and I do mean IF, the salvage ECM's immobilizer allows it, turn the ignition switch to just short of engaging the starter.
9. Write the data, including VIN, from the original ECM to the salvage ECM. Turn off ignition. Turn off computer and disconnect computer from OBD.
10. Test the salvage ECM. If it works identically to the original ECM, turn off ignition, disconnect negative battery cable, remove salvage ECM from vehicle and re-install original ECM. Put salvage ECM on shelf, ready to be used when, not if, original ECM fails.

Exactly what USB-OBD cable and what software do I need to purchase to create an exact copy of the original ECM?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.