Copied ECU coding files

All about MMCodingWriter in english

Moderator: kolyandex

pandafool171

Copied ECU coding files

Post by pandafool171 » 22 Nov 2021, 04:49

Hi everyone,

I am newbie in this forum. I got the question: How I can copied coding from available ECU by exported to the files and use the files to write down to the other ECU, because the other ECU without some function, meaning how I can duplicated the ECU full function (exactly the ECU Mitsubishi mirage/space star P/N 8631B407). Can I use this MMcoding software to to this. If someone know this please help me or give me some advise. Thank you very much

amarychev

Re: Copied ECU coding files

Post by amarychev » 22 Nov 2021, 20:44

pandafool171 wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 04:49
Hi everyone,

I am newbie in this forum. I got the question: How I can copied coding from available ECU by exported to the files and use the files to write down to the other ECU, because the other ECU without some function, meaning how I can duplicated the ECU full function (exactly the ECU Mitsubishi mirage/space star P/N 8631B407). Can I use this MMcoding software to to this. If someone know this please help me or give me some advise. Thank you very much
You can use MMCodingwriter to copy the ecu ETAC'S encoding and save it to a file. This file can be written to another ecu ETAC'S if this ecu involves functions such as in the original ecu. You can also edit the ecu encoding with MMCodingwriter instead of copying a file from another ecu if it supports the functions you need. Specify what exactly do you need to do? Is it about ETAC'S or do you mean an engine control unit?

pandafool171

Post by pandafool171 » 23 Nov 2021, 05:09

Hi amarychev,

Thanks for your advise. Actually, I wanna make copied (duplicated) the Transaxle control module (I don't know it belong to the Etacs or not, but not the Engine control module) with the part number 8631B407. In the old ECU without Ds mode function in gearbox, that why I want to make the copied from the new one (with the Ds function), do you know that the Transaxle control module belong to Etacs or not ? (I also attach the picture of this one)
https://imgur.com/a/y2butNf

amarychev

Post by amarychev » 23 Nov 2021, 21:28

pandafool171 wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 05:09
Hi amarychev,

Thanks for your advise. Actually, I wanna make copied (duplicated) the Transaxle control module (I don't know it belong to the Etacs or not, but not the Engine control module) with the part number 8631B407. In the old ECU without Ds mode function in gearbox, that why I want to make the copied from the new one (with the Ds function), do you know that the Transaxle control module belong to Etacs or not ? (I also attach the picture of this one)
MMCodingwriter is not suitable for you to clone the ecu A/T. For such a procedure, you will need a Mitsubishi ecu flasher viewtopic.php?f=19&t=281 . With it, you need to read FLASH and EEPROM with ecu (which you are going to clone) in which there is a function Ds and write it to another ecu (from which you want to make a clone). Before such manipulations, it is better to make sure that the hardware parts of both ecu are compatible. The EEPROM in this ecu a/t can be external. You don't need to do anything with ecu ETAC'S.

pandafool171

Post by pandafool171 » 24 Nov 2021, 04:28

amarychev wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 21:28
pandafool171 wrote:
Hi amarychev,

MMCodingwriter is not suitable for you to clone the ecu A/T. For such a procedure, you will need a Mitsubishi ecu flasher viewtopic.php?f=19&t=281 . With it, you need to read FLASH and EEPROM with ecu (which you are going to clone) in which there is a function Ds and write it to another ecu (from which you want to make a clone). Before such manipulations, it is better to make sure that the hardware parts of both ecu are compatible. The EEPROM in this ecu a/t can be external. You don't need to do anything with ecu ETAC'S.
Hi amarychev,

The first I want to say thanks for your help, now I seem to be figure out how to do it. So, could you please to make clearly a little bit more how to read Flash & EEPROM from the CVT ECU and write it to another one. Can we use the OBD port to connect by the software through VCI cable or not ? If we got the software can to do this, how & where I can paid the money for license
Or We have to disconnect CVT Ecu from the car and use the special tool for read & write it. Hope receive your advise as soon as possible. Many thanks

amarychev

Post by amarychev » 24 Nov 2021, 20:56

pandafool171 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 04:28
amarychev wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 21:28
pandafool171 wrote:
Hi amarychev,

Hi amarychev,

The first I want to say thanks for your help, now I seem to be figure out how to do it. So, could you please to make clearly a little bit more how to read Flash & EEPROM from the CVT ECU and write it to another one. Can we use the OBD port to connect by the software through VCI cable or not ? If we got the software can to do this, how & where I can paid the money for license
Or We have to disconnect CVT Ecu from the car and use the special tool for read & write it. Hope receive your advise as soon as possible. Many thanks
In order to read / write flash & eeprom via OBD II connector you need Mitsubishi ECU Flasher viewtopic.php?f=19&t=281 , as well as adapter (VCI) OpenPort 2.0 or ScanMatik 2 / 2pro. I advise you to use only original VCI versions. With the Mitsubishi Ecu Flasher bootloader, you connect via the OBD II connector to the car. In the program interface, select the appropriate section (AT / CVT / TC-SST), then select the type of processor corresponding to your CVT ECU, for example MH8106F (1024kb), and read the FLASH & EEPROM from the ECU you want to clone. After reading, connect another ECU CVT and write to it what you read. VIN may need to be rewritten, but not sure. If your ECU does not support reading / writing via OBD II then you need to connect to it directly. In this case, you will need a different bootloader such as PCMflash or MMCFlasher. You can find information on these downloaders on the respective forums. If you have not performed such operations before, then I would recommend contacting professionals specializing in such operations.

pandafool171

Post by pandafool171 » 25 Nov 2021, 07:53

Hi amarychev

Thanks for your help.
Now I got the problem with CVT ECU, when I replace the ECU 8631B407 (borrow from my friend) in my car, everything is fine. That the reason I want to clone this ECU CVT to my original.
Today i buy the old one from the UK market and happen is below.

In original my car without Ds mode function with the part number: 8631B405, so I buy the ECM CVT with part number 8631B404 from the UK market. When I replace CVT ECU 8631B404 in my car, I got the problem following:
1. The instrument cluster to display transmission range switch N, D, L R not stable, flashing continuous like the video in below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqzf4uWg5E

2. When change the shift lever assembly from the P to R or P to D, the shift gearbox of the car is jerky, it doesn't like normal.
3. When I connect with the PC through OBD port using the VCI cable & MMcodingwriter to read DTCs, some error appear like the picture as below.
https://imgur.com/a/0zVRVJ6

Could you please give me some advise, now i don't know how to fixed this situation. Awaiting for your help

amarychev

Post by amarychev » 25 Nov 2021, 20:41

pandafool171 wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 07:53
Hi amarychev

Thanks for your help.
Now I got the problem with CVT ECU, when I replace the ECU 8631B407 (borrow from my friend) in my car, everything is fine. That the reason I want to clone this ECU CVT to my original.
Today i buy the old one from the UK market and happen is below.

In original my car without Ds mode function with the part number: 8631B405, so I buy the ECM CVT with part number 8631B404 from the UK market. When I replace CVT ECU 8631B404 in my car, I got the problem following:
1. The instrument cluster to display transmission range switch N, D, L R not stable, flashing continuous like the video in below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqzf4uWg5E

2. When change the shift lever assembly from the P to R or P to D, the shift gearbox of the car is jerky, it doesn't like normal.
3. When I connect with the PC through OBD port using the VCI cable & MMcodingwriter to read DTCs, some error appear like the picture as below.
https://imgur.com/a/0zVRVJ6

Could you please give me some advise, now i don't know how to fixed this situation. Awaiting for your help
P0171C - Transmission Mode Switch "A" Circuit High.
P0171B - Transmission Mode Switch "B" Circuit High.
P0977 - Shift Solenoid "B" Control Circuit High.
U0121 - CAN time out.
According to fault codes, it seems that you do not have a connection between ETAC'S & ECU CVT, the control unit does not see the position of the inhibitor (P,R,N,D). First of all, you should check the F12(7.5A) fuse in the cabin. Next, you need to check whether the load of CVT 8631B405 ECU contacts coincides with CVT 8631B404 ECU. Perhaps the CAN bus is in different places of the connecter. Another option is the mismatch of encoding in ECU ETAC'S with ECU CVT 8631B404. I believe that it is necessary to check the electrical connection scheme of the ECU, there may be differences.

pandafool171

Post by pandafool171 » 26 Nov 2021, 01:42

P0171C - Transmission Mode Switch "A" Circuit High.
P0171B - Transmission Mode Switch "B" Circuit High.
P0977 - Shift Solenoid "B" Control Circuit High.
U0121 - CAN time out.
According to fault codes, it seems that you do not have a connection between ETAC'S & ECU CVT, the control unit does not see the position of the inhibitor (P,R,N,D). First of all, you should check the F12(7.5A) fuse in the cabin. Next, you need to check whether the load of CVT 8631B405 ECU contacts coincides with CVT 8631B404 ECU. Perhaps the CAN bus is in different places of the connecter. Another option is the mismatch of encoding in ECU ETAC'S with ECU CVT 8631B404. I believe that it is necessary to check the electrical connection scheme of the ECU, there may be differences.
[/quote]

Hi amarychev.

Thank for your advise.
I have checked the wiring connection also from the lever shifter to CVT ECU, It seem to be match together. Moreover, the cluster instrument also display the correct inhibitor (P,R,N,D,L) when I move the lever shifter (although R,N,D,L flashing On/off as the same video, and Ds mode function random successfully). So I think the problem it not come from there.
second thing, the fuse F12 was also checked , it still good, when I replace the original CVT ECU again, it still working normal.
The third, the load of CVT 8631B405 ECU contacts coincides with CVT 8631B404 ECU or NOT, I don't know how to acknowledge this one. I can not find any information or resource document, datasheet, etc... of CVT 8631B405 ECU or CVT 8631B404 ECU. So maybe you right about: "the CAN bus is in different places of the connecter".
This also the same with another option is the mismatch of encoding in ECU ETAC'S with ECU CVT 8631B404. But, I think that, The Etacs also communication with ECU CVT 8631B404, evidence through I also started the engine, drive the car in few kilometer distance ( although R,N,D,L flashing On/off on instrument cluster). But when change the lever shifter, the engine & transmission gearbox is jerky, I feel nervous about this. So I change back to original ECU CVT 8631B405.
So, do you have any advise or where the source I can take it?

amarychev

Post by amarychev » 26 Nov 2021, 21:03

Honestly, there's only one idea to try to walk through the active errors in ecu CVT according to the http://mmc-manuals.ru/Главная_страница repair manual. The power-on transmission indicator blinks most likely due to active events in the recorder. If you find nothing based on the results of the checks, it may be in the ecu itself (defective or damaged).