Relationship between Variant and Custom configurations

All about MMCodingWriter in english

Moderator: kolyandex

gabrielrighi

Relationship between Variant and Custom configurations

Post by gabrielrighi » 23 Feb 2023, 20:28

This should have been posted on MMCodingWriter board. If possible, please move there!

Hello,

I was able to finally connect to ETACS today and, while setting options on Custom tab, I've been facing the 'you tried to write unsupported values' error. I know this will happen whenever I enable/disable something on the Variant and leave the correspondent option on Custom on 'Not enabled' or any other unsupported value.

Is there any table showing the relationship between Variant codes and Custom codes, just so we know exactly what we should change on Custom when changing something on Variant?

E.g.: I enabled door locks on the Variant table, but didn't set the correspondent options on Custom. This gave me an error while trying to Write the new Custom table to ETACS. If I had a relationship table, I would enable those on the Custom tab rightaway. Right now I'm on a kind of trial and error process.

TY

Brendon

Re: Relationship between Variant and Custom configurations

Post by Brendon » 29 May 2023, 10:36

Necropost: Anyone found a solution to this?

I am facing a similar problem with my CW5W outlander 2.4 - I enable multimode RKE in the variant coding but can't change the multimode in the customisation coding. Everytime I try to change it from Type D to Type A/E it gives me the same error as OP has.

Any ideas?

Aputra17

Re: Relationship between Variant and Custom configurations

Post by Aputra17 » 08 Jul 2023, 16:39

gabrielrighi wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 20:28
This should have been posted on MMCodingWriter board. If possible, please move there!

Hello,

I was able to finally connect to ETACS today and, while setting options on Custom tab, I've been facing the 'you tried to write unsupported values' error. I know this will happen whenever I enable/disable something on the Variant and leave the correspondent option on Custom on 'Not enabled' or any other unsupported value.

Is there any table showing the relationship between Variant codes and Custom codes, just so we know exactly what we should change on Custom when changing something on Variant?

E.g.: I enabled door locks on the Variant table, but didn't set the correspondent options on Custom. This gave me an error while trying to Write the new Custom table to ETACS. If I had a relationship table, I would enable those on the Custom tab rightaway. Right now I'm on a kind of trial and error process.

TY
Do you manage to solve this issue ? because i'm facing similiar issue, every time i write to ECU, always error