ELM Not Found on COM Port (bought from Ali Link in Program)

All about MMCodingWriter in english

Moderator: kolyandex

Rudlisi

ELM Not Found on COM Port (bought from Ali Link in Program)

Post by Rudlisi » 06 Jun 2023, 11:30

Hi All,
My apologies as I gather this has been asked before. But I'm having issues with the ELM adapter purchased, as I've been trying to modify a single setting in my Pajero Sport.

I actually tried and BT ELM Adapter that I had in the car for years, the typical "blue" cheap model, which would find the ELM, connect, but then not actually load any ETACS data. Checking with the Terminal program, it was responding ELM v 2.1. Reading through the site here suggested in might not have the PIC1825K80 chipset, and to buy one from the link in the program.

I figured I woudl try locally first, and bought one from Ebay in AU that was advertised as having the PIC1825K80 chipset. This had the same issues as above, but was a bit flakier in connection, sometime connecting, sometimes not, from straight not found to semaphore errors, etc. But would at least acknowledge the ETACS, if not show any data. This one did respond in the Terminal program with ELM v 1.5.

So a week ago I did purchased one from the program link, and received it tonight, but the AliExpress one from the program link actually works less, now I'm only getting "ELM Not found on COM3". I checked the port setup and COM3 is the correct "outbound" COM port for the OBD adapter, but the Terminal program responds with ELM v 1.5 with the Ali/MMCW device. And now, very strangely, the device linked from the program now shows as "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" when viewing.

I know there could be quite a few things at play here, but what's the best thing to try next?

Rudlisi

Re: ELM Not Found on COM Port (bought from Ali Link in Program)

Post by Rudlisi » 16 Jun 2023, 11:13

Replying to myself here, but just as a data point for anyone else who read this. I was able to return & refund the adapter to AliExpress, so no loss there.

As it happens, my rather old OBDLInk MX Wifi from the kickstart campain in 2014 started to get flaky recently, and the company very kindly replaced it was a brand new OBDLink MX+ (their top spec Bluetooth model). The new MX+ connected straight away to all modules in the program, no dramas at all.

Ha, well, except one, the 2021 QF Pajero Sport doesn't seem to be supported yet. When trying to access the ETACS Editor, I get an error message "ECU Not Supported". So I'll have to chase that down in another thread or feature request.

But for anyone else who wonders if the OBDLink MX+ works with the program, the answer is yes! This was on a fairly recent Dell Latittude laptop running Win11 also, so that seems to be fine.

No just to see about getting the QF Pajero Sport supported, as I know the previous QE model was :)